No longer should a woman be ashamed or be in pain due to vaginal discomfort. As Vaginal Rejuvenation is becoming more familiar and talked about, we are happy to see more woman discussing the possibility of having a non-surgical procedure with their doctors. Whether women want to restore their vaginal health, improve issues with incontinence, enhance their sexual functioning or gain more confidence with their feminine well-being, there are non-surgical solutions without having surgery. I felt it was very important to debunk some falsehoods and misconceptions that circulate still today about Vaginal Rejuvenation.
It is vital to point out that this could be a serious problem that should not be taken lightly. Women should not have to accept or endure symptoms that include urinary stress incontinence, vaginal dryness and atrophy due to menopause, vaginal laxity or painful intercourse.
The issue, unfortunately, lies with the fact that too many women are made to feel embarrassed to even talk about it. If it impacts your life, health, and wellbeing; you should no longer stay silent. As women we need to empower ourselves and get our life back!
So…. let’s begin to separate facts from fiction, shall we?!
- Myth – Women only undergo vaginal rejuvenation because they feel pressure to change the appearance of their genital area to be more pleasing to their significant other or partner.
- Fact – The majority of the women I see request the non-surgical procedure to relieve discomfort and other physical issues. After years of suffering in silence, the aesthetics of their vaginal area is the last thing on their mind. However, they regard it as an added benefit!
- Myth – Women are not as concerned about their sexual health as men are. They are not as interested in how aging changes how they feel about sex.
- Fact – Just because women don’t talk about their sexual health, doesn’t mean it doesn’t matter to them. In fact, it concerns them more so because of vaginal dryness, loose tissue due to childbirth, inability to orgasm like they used to, and pain during intercourse.
Designer Vagina or Medical Conditions?
- Myth – Women are now becoming more vain about their genital areas and want to have a “designer vagina” because it’s trendy and all their friends are doing it!
- Fact – Although some women may want it solely for vanity purposes, most women’s goals are to seek help with vaginal looseness, enlarged labia and incontinence, to name a few reasons. Finding the right doctor and procedure is their main concern.
- MYTH – Surgery is the only way to correct any vaginal issues a woman may have.
- FACT – Fortunately for women who are wary of having surgery, there is a non-surgical procedure that is a great solution to many common concerns and medical conditions. It is an in-office procedure that has minimal to no pain or downtime!
- MYTH – Only women who have had children are offered Vaginal Rejuvenation
- FACT – Vaginal Rejuvenation does help with vaginal laxity due to childbirth, but it also is effective for vaginal dryness as a woman ages and starts menopause, weak vaginal tissue, urinary incontinence, and pain during sexual intercourse. As a woman ages, their skin loses collagen which then leads to vaginal changes in appearance.
- MYTH – Women are afraid to lose their lover or spouse because they feel they cannot satisfy their sexual desires the way they used to.
- FACT – As much as it is important to want to satisfy your significant other sexually, it is just as vital for a woman to fulfill her sexual desires as well. They want to feel like they used to before childbirth and aging. By getting this non-surgical treatment, they can strengthen vaginal tone and sensitivity. It also strengthens their confidence when being intimate!
- MYTH – The procedure is quite painful and recovery time is long and challenging.
- FACT – Non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation comes with minimal pain. The procedure utilizes laser therapy. A topical anesthetic is used prior to the procedure for less discomfort. Our patients tell us the discomfort is minimal both during the procedure and post procedure. Recovery is quick and there is no downtime. The patient only needs to abstain from intercourse for one week and can exercise shortly afterwards.
- MYTH – Vaginal Rejuvenation isn’t necessary – it’s just a fad!
- FACT – It may not be a matter of life or death, but it can improve a woman’s quality of life significantly. I hear so many of my patients talk about the severe bladder leakage they experience since they had children. They have lost bladder sensation; and if they laugh or sneeze they leak. This is the quality of life that I’m concerned about.
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Were you trained specifically in the field of plastic surgery?
- How many years of plastic surgery training have you had?
- Is the office-based surgical facility accredited by a nationally- or state-recognized accrediting agency, or is it state-licensed or Medicare-certified?
- Am I a good candidate for nonsurgical vaginal rejuvenation?
- What will be expected of me to get the best results?
- Have you been specifically trained in this procedure?
- Where and how will you perform my procedure?
- What nonsurgical technique is recommended for me?
- How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
- How are complications handled?
- Will I experience any changes in sensitivity during sexual intercourse?
- How long will I need to wait after the procedure to engage in sexual intercourse?
- Will I be able to have a vaginal childbirth after nonsurgical vaginal rejuvenation?
- Would vaginal childbirth affect the results of the procedure?
- What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the cosmetic outcome of my nonsurgical vaginal rejuvenation?
Are You a Candidate?
So, now that those misleading myths have been debunked, do you feel like you could be a candidate for Non-Surgical Vaginal Rejuvenation? Well, if you are a woman who is experiencing stress incontinence, vaginal dryness, vaginal laxity, painful sexual intercourse, or lessened or no sexual pleasure at all; then you are a candidate. Do you want to live life to the fullest and feel like your old self again? Stop feeling the shame and ignoring your pain, do something for you.
Your Checklist for Your Non-Surgical Rejuvenation Consultation
Per the American Board of Plastic Surgeons, you should use the following questions as a guide and checklist during your non-surgical rejuvenation consultation.
COR2RE Intima Laser Treatment System
As a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for almost 30 years, I have done extensive research trying to find the best device to perform these non-surgical Vaginal Rejuvenation procedures in the comfort of my office.
CO2RE Intima Laser Treatment System. Its efficacy is well established in medical literature. Three treatments at 3-4 weeks apart are recommended with a yearly follow-up. This treatment thickens and tones the vaginal tissue and increases circulation, improves lubrication and sensitivity and decreases incontinence.
Along with that, it also treats the external tissues by improving pigmentation, shrinking loose tissue and making tissue healthier and less fragile. In short, CO2RE is a simple, non-surgical procedure that helps to restore vaginal health!
If after reading this article you feel this non-surgical procedure will help you “Enjoy Life Like You Used To”, please give our office a call at (401)331-0202 to request a consultation. I’d be more than happy to answer all your questions and concerns! Take your life back!